What is it?
ConfidenceLine is a confidential ethics hotline operated by a third party contractor. It can be used by employees and members of the public to ask questions and report possible wrongdoing and/or violations of the FCC Code of Conduct.
ConfidenceLine is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in both official languages.
How does it work?
- Call ConfidenceLine at 1-800-661-9675.
- Report your issue to the ConfidenceLine assistant.
- Write down the Caller Information Number (CIN) given to you by the ConfidenceLine assistant. You’ll need this to track the progress of your report.
Note: You don’t have to provide any identifying information if you want to remain anonymous.
- A report, with all relevant information, is sent to FCC’s the Integrity Officer via a secure online system.
- The Integrity Officer will determine the appropriate course of action and stay in touch with you using ConfidenceLine’s online system.
To track the progress of your report, call the ConfidenceLine and give the call assistant your CIN. They’ll provide you with the updated status.