Let's talk transition
Transition is a major event that happens in every farmer's life - and the journey isn't always easy. There's a lot to figure out and it can bring up many emotionally-charged issues. But wherever you are in the farm transfer process, we have resources to help you.
What stage are you at?
Start the conversation
Often, this can be the biggest hurdle when considering farm transition. Here are resources to help you break the ice.
Prepare for farm transition
There are a lot of moving pieces in farm transition. Have you considered all options? Here are resources to help keep everyone on the same page.
Transfer the farm
The wheels of transition are in motion - and there's a lot to consider. Here are resources to help you consider all angles.
- Rising asset values change the discussion
- What if the incoming generation can’t afford the farm?
- Tips for transitioning your farm to staff
- How formal agreements can save farm families
- Does fair always mean equal in family farm transition?
- Choosing the right successor with John Fast
- 6 questions for transitioning farm skills
Plan your retirement
You're ready for the next chapter. Do you want to kick back and relax or take on a new challenge? Here are resources to help you plan for the future.
Hear from an expert
In this series, farm transition expert Elaine Froese offers her best advice for tackling farm transition’s big questions.
Looking for a few good examples of transition in action? Read these fictional case studies created from BDO Canada that illustrate real-world scenarios that can happen during the process.