A digital marker (such as a cookie, tag or pixel) is a small data file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application. Cookies allow us to recognize your device and store information about your preferences or past actions. They can also be used to recognize you when you return to the website in the future.
FCC may use the following types of cookies on its sites:
- Strictly necessarycookies are essential for you to browse the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site or filling in forms.
- Functionality cookies allow our website to remember choices you have made in the past, such as language preferences and sign in credentials, so you can automatically login.
- Performance cookies collect information about how you use a website, like which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. FCC uses these cookies to measure and improve the performance of our site.
- Targeting cookies deliver tailored online advertisements (ads) and measure their effectiveness. They may be set on our site by advertising partners, such as Google and Facebook, and are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device in order to show you relevant ads on other sites.
FCC uses both session and persistent cookies on some portions of our website and mobile apps.
Session cookies make your online visit smoother by maintaining information from page to page. They are used during a single site visit and are automatically deleted from your computer or mobile device when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies track site activity over a longer period. These cookies remain on your device until either you choose to delete them or they expire. They are used for a number of purposes including:
- To save your personal preferences. You must allow persistent cookies if you want your browser to remember such things as your login credentials or language preference.
- To collect information about how you use our sites. For example, we may measure and track which FCC web and mobile pages you viewed or how you came to our sites (like which online marketing ad you selected, the address of the site that you came from, or keywords you searched to find our site).
Targeted online advertising
Interest-based advertising uses information collected from your browsing behaviour through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and similar tracking technologies to collect and use certain information about your online activities on our FCC sites. We use this information to provide you with relevant FCC ads on third-party websites.
These technologies may be used to deliver targeted ads to website users or to limit the number of times a user will see an ad. They are placed by advertising networks with FCC’s permission. They remember that a visitor has visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
If you choose to reject cookies, you may still receive FCC advertising in third-party websites but it won’t be tailored to you.
Children's personal information
Our website is designed for a general audience, and primarily a business audience. It isn’t directed at children. We don’t knowingly collect or solicit information from children – individuals under the age of 16 – through our website. If you believe that a child may have provided us with personal information, contact us.
How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies.
FCC can’t collect or use certain types of location information from geolocation or proximity technologies on your mobile device if you have disabled the location services on your mobile device. Mobile devices allow you to disable location services through menu options. Consult your mobile device provider for more information.
Privacy, Access to Information Officer
Farm Credit Canada
1800 Hamilton Street, Box 4320
Regina, SK S4P 4L3
Toll Free: 1-833-925-0514
If you are not satisfied with FCC’s response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at 1-800-282-1376.