How outstanding farmers do things differently
As the first, second-generation winners of the 2016 B.C./Yukon Outstanding Young Farmer Award, it’s not what Brian and Jewel Pauls do to be successful, it’s how.
- Family raises broilers and layers and grow crops on multiple throughout B.C and SK
- Couple buys family farms and hires families to live on the land and manage the business
- Diversifying across many locations helps mitigate risk and contain disease outbreaks
- “Making what works, work better” is key to couple’s success
- Caring about environment, animal welfare and people is the foundation of a good farm business