Ignite the leader in you
FCC Young Farmer Summit will empower you to take control of your business journey. Get real-world advice to help you set and achieve goals and connect with other future leaders like you.
Who should attend?
Topics and speakers
Every Family’s Business
Expectations, duty and tradition are three common reasons why the next generation joins the family business. But these same reasons can make staying on the farm emotionally complex. Dr. Tom Deans brings alive the ideas in his New York Times best-selling book Every Family’s Business to challenge what you thought you knew about transitioning your family farm and family wealth.
What you’ll learn:
- Why tomorrow is the best time to start the transition conversation
- Discover if you have the ownership gene
- How to divide the farm between siblings – without dividing the family
5 Ways to Get More Life from Your Money
Do you feel like you work hard for your money, but you don’t know where it’s going? Join Stephanie Holmes-Winton for this session to learn some easy and practical strategies to make your income work for you. You’ll uncover simple changes that can make a big difference when it comes to your personal finances. Learn how to put that hard-earned money to work for your future and much more to help you get more life from your money, right away!
What you’ll learn:
- Effective, strategies to manage day-to-day spending - ditch the headache traditional budget
- Manage personal debt and credit to maximize your options to get the most cost-effective options possible when borrowing for your family and/or the farm
- Strategies to smooth volatile or fluctuating incomes to keep personal finances on track
- Saving for the future without neglecting the needs of the farm
- Why short-term goals for the family can be the most powerful driver to long- term financial sustainability
Current Trends in Ag Economics
Explore current economic trends and how they impact your operation. Learn to assess risks and opportunities, recognize the drivers behind the farmland market and evaluate strategies to grow your operation.
Hear real and relatable stories of success and strategies from local producers to inform, inspire and give you ideas to apply to your own operation.
Emcee - Young Farmer Summit
From scaling mountains over 6000 metres and encountering avalanches and erupting volcanoes along the way to flying in a military jet with the Canadian Forces Snowbirds (for fun), Ashlyn’s taste for unique adventures has carried her around the world to 60 countries and all 7 continents with a suitcase full of stories to share. Today, Ashlyn is the go-to expert and writer on outdoor adventure activities in Saskatchewan. Follow along for captivating stories, travel tips, advice and adventures from Canada to the world.