FCC Expression Fund
The FCC Expression Fund supports Canada's official languages and honours those communities where both languages thrive. It's $50,000 in funding for projects that contribute to the vitality of official language minority communities and help residents express the cultural and linguistic diversity of their area. Some examples include refurbishment of community centres and auditoriums, cultural workshops and festivals, and learning materials or programming for public daycares and libraries. The fund awards between $2,000 and $10,000 to each successful applicant.
For more information, check out FCC Expression Fund successful past projects.
Eligible groups include:
- Charities registered with the Canada Revenue Agency
- Non-profit organizations
- Public schools
To be eligible, your project must:
- Be located in Canada in a community with a population of less than 150,000
- Enhance the vitality of an official language minority in Canada
- Recognize FCC’s contribution
- Be completed within two years of receiving funding
- Only online applications will be evaluated
- Your organization isn’t eligible if it’s received support from the FCC Expression Fund in the past two years
- Preference may be given to organizations that focus on early childhood support in the official minority language
- FCC employees and their immediate family members are not eligible for the FCC Expression Fund
- If your organization is selected, you’ll need to sign a letter of agreement with FCC and show documentation of project completion
- Projects within school buildings that are accessible to the outside community will be considered
How to apply
Applications are closed and will re-open in December 2018.