Our response to COVID-19
This is an unsettling time as the world grapples with the health and economic impacts of COVID-19. Get FCC's latest response and how it relates to Canadian agriculture and food.
The Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, on behalf of Farm Credit Canada, announced the launch of a $100-million Agriculture and Food Business Solutions Fund to support proven, viable companies through unexpected business disruptions, such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
Launched in partnership with Forage Capital Inc., the Agriculture and Food Business Solutions Fund is set up to provide companies with the financial stability and flexibility they need to rebuild their business models during challenging times. FCC is the sole investor in the fund and Forage Capital is the fund manager.
For more information on funding criteria and the application process, please contact Forage Capital Inc.
FCC has received an enhancement to its capital base that will allow for an additional $5 billion in lending capacity. Read more about FCC's lending capacity
Getting in touch with us
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19 we have as many FCC employees as possible working remotely, with the minimum number of people at our FCC offices. That means we are limiting our walk-in service.
With Health Canada’s emphasis on social distancing we are using the following options to safely connect with us:
- By phone: Call your local FCC contact or our skilled and responsive Customer Service Centre at 1-888-332-3301 (toll-free) or 1-306-780-8900.
- Online: Many transactional needs can be easily handled via our Online Services portal at FCC.ca
- By appointment: Contact your local office by phone and request an appointment. When possible, we will strive to assist you by phone, and in situations where it is necessary to meet face to face, you will need to answer a few screening questions as recommended by the Public Health Agency of Canada before a meeting can be confirmed.
No matter how you prefer to connect – we are here to work with you during these challenging times.
Mental health support
During these difficult times, it’s more important than ever to focus on our well-being. Find Rooted in Strength, our mental-wellness publication, access to crisis support helplines and information for anyone in Canadian agriculture.
To adapt in this pandemic, ag and food industries have been challenged to come up with new ways to do business.
Consumers want to know more about agriculture and hear it from the farmers producing their food.
For the latest public health information, visit canada.ca/coronavirus
- How can we prevent COVID-19 on our farm?
- Recognizing symptoms and treatment of COVID-19
- What should I consider when it comes to travel?
Agriculture and agri-food jobs portal
Take advantage of employment opportunities in agriculture and food production. Help ensure affordable food continues to reach Canadian grocery stores and kitchen tables. From jobs on farms and in food and beverage manufacturing to distribution and more.