Our response to COVID-19
This is an unsettling time as the world grapples with the health and economic impacts of COVID-19. Get FCC's latest response and how it relates to Canadian agriculture and food.
The Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, on behalf of Farm Credit Canada, announced the launch of a $100-million Agriculture and Food Business Solutions Fund to support proven, viable companies through unexpected business disruptions, such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
Launched in partnership with Forage Capital Inc., the Agriculture and Food Business Solutions Fund is set up to provide companies with the financial stability and flexibility they need to rebuild their business models during challenging times. FCC is the sole investor in the fund and Forage Capital is the fund manager.
For more information on funding criteria and the application process, please contact Forage Capital Inc.
FCC has received an enhancement to its capital base that will allow for an additional $5 billion in lending capacity. Read more about FCC's lending capacity
Booking an appointment
Please call your local office to see what options are available.
Ways to connect
In addition to office or operation visits, we continue to offer the following options:
- By phone: Call your local FCC contact or Customer Service Centre at 1-888-332-3301 (toll-free) or 1-306-780-8900.
- Online: Many transactional needs can be easily handled via our Online Services portal.
What to expect
For us to meet safely and confidently, we’ve also introduced these enhanced protocols:
- COVID-19 health check questions will be asked the day of your visit.
- When you arrive, wait outside or in your vehicle. At your scheduled appointment time, our staff will meet you outside or call you in, then take you to the meeting room. Please do not enter the office until your FCC representative comes to greet you.
- Hand sanitizer use is required, and masks may be needed in situations where physical distancing isn’t possible.
- A plexiglass barrier will be set up in meeting rooms so we can meet comfortably.
- Our staff will disinfect the room before each meeting.
Mental health support
During these difficult times, it’s more important than ever to focus on our well-being. Find Rooted in Strength, our mental-wellness publication, access to crisis support helplines and information for anyone in Canadian agriculture.
Four economic indicators that could signal better days ahead for Canadian agriculture.
Consumers want to know more about agriculture and hear it from the farmers producing their food.
For the latest public health information, visit canada.ca/coronavirus
- How can we prevent COVID-19 on our farm?
- Recognizing symptoms and treatment of COVID-19
- What should I consider when it comes to travel?
Agriculture and agri-food jobs portal
Take advantage of employment opportunities in agriculture and food production. Help ensure affordable food continues to reach Canadian grocery stores and kitchen tables. From jobs on farms and in food and beverage manufacturing to distribution and more.