Management moment: Buying equipment online
Buying equipment online could save you money, but that’s not the only factor to consider. Learn how to compare the risks and rewards of an online purchase.
- Research the equipment in your local market by checking with neighbours and dealers
- Learn any potential weaknesses of the equipment so you’ll be prepared if it needs repairs
- Talk to the seller about the farm it was primarily used on and the equipment history
- Use technology to your advantage – ask for pictures or video
- Factor in any extra costs of paperwork, like shipping or inspection fees