How outstanding farmers do things differently
As the first, second-generation winners of the 2016 B.C./Yukon Outstanding Young Farmer Award, it’s not what Brian and Jewel Pauls do to be successful, it’s how.
- The Pauls family raises broilers, layers and grows unique crops on multiple locations in B.C and Saskatchewan
- The couple buys family farms and hires families to live on the land and manage the business
- Diversifying across many locations helps mitigate risk and contain disease outbreaks
- Always focusing on “making what works, work better” is the key to the couple’s farm success
- Caring about the environment, animal welfare and people is the foundation of a good farm business