Three numbers to monitor in the monthly food manufacturing survey
J.P. Gervais shares why sales, inventory levels and capacity utilization numbers are important to Canadian food manufacturing.
- Food manufacturing sales down this month yet 3.7% higher than a year ago
- Inventories of food manufacturers climbed this month and are 9% higher than a year ago
- Capacity utilization rate came down this month and is lower than a year ago
- Demand for food robust but the rapid expansion between 2015 and 2018 slowing down
- Statistics Canada’s Monthly Survey of Manufacturing is available