Trade expert Frédéric Seppey explains how Canadian producers will gain competitive advantages from trade agreements Canada is currently negotiating.
- Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) with the EU gives Canada access to 500 million consumers
- The EU is the wealthiest market in the world
- With CETA, the red meat sector will have guaranteed export volumes higher than today’s average
- Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) will give access to the world’s most dynamic region for economic growth
- The TPP region has more than 700 million consumers and is 40% of the world’s GDP