The New Era of Grain Marketing with the President of Cargill Limited
Len Penner, President of Cargill Limited, discusses the changes for wheat and barley in the new grain marketing environment.
- Farmers will now have greater marketing opportunities for their wheat, with continued access to Canadian Wheat Board programs and new open market bids.
- Farmers now have to think about how and when they are going to market their wheat.
- Most farmers have some open market experience with their other crops.
- A big opportunity for farmers lies in the ability to extract more from the marketplace.
- Penner stresses the importance of farmers picking a partner that can help get them to where they want to be in the marketplace.
Return to Multimedia.