Using New Technology on the Farm
Farmers must integrate new technology into their farm management strategy to remain competitive.
- Progressive farmers must be open to assessing and using new technology to make their farms more profitable.
- The internet provides instant access to weather, markets, agronomy information and ag-related chat forums, and helps producers make sound farm management decisions.
- Smartphones and wireless devices give farmers access to email and the internet while out in the field.
- GPS technology has revolutionized the way farmers move across their fields and apply crop inputs.
- Research a new technology. Talk to early adopters, attend courses offered by equipment manufacturers and monitor the media for information to help you buy the right product.
- Informal learning of a new technology through friends and family often works best. Ask questions and be willing to invest some time.
Return to Multimedia.